- A singer, like a songwriter, must be
judged by his staying power.
- You can't point to one or two hit
records that he made.
- You must ask "How good has his average
been over the years?"
- Perry Como's record (no pun intended)
will show that he's been up there
- on top for a good many years and I know
he will remain there
- for a good many more. Irving Berlin
- Mr.& Mrs. Paul Weston on Perry Como:
- "I love Perry Como's work.
- He's a really through-going
- A beautiful instrument!"
- "Perry is always in tune — I mean always —
- and there aren't too many
- of whom you can say that.
As Jo says,
- he has a beautiful
instrument! " Paul Weston
- "Very few vocalists can
match Perry Como's singing
- ability, and those that can
are never quite able to
- match his great warmth. Perry's singing is one of the
delights of our business —
and the widespread
- success he enjoys couldn't
happen to a nicer fellow!"
- Johnny Mercer
- "Perry is technically one
of the most immaculate singers
- in our business. Good intonation, warm delivery.
always does a beautiful job —
especially on ballads.
- It's good to see him enjoying so much
success these days. "
- Mel Torme
- "As an arranger, I have been fortunate
in working with many
- of the world's best popular singers —
Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald,
- Nat Cole, Louis Armstrong, and so on.
Sad to say, I have not yet had the pleasure
- of working with Perry Como —
but listening to his work has always
- been a pleasure in itself."
- Gordon Jenkins